Retail Liquor Store

A retail liquor store is a business that offers for sale, or sells at retail in the original unopened package, any alcoholic liquor.

Prior to being licensed by the City of Chanute, you will need to purchase a Kansas Retailer’s Liquor License from the State of Kansas Department of Revenue, Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC). ABC is located in Topeka and can be reached at (877) 526-7738.

License Issuance

Once you have obtained your Kansas Retailer’s Liquor License and a fee of $600 has been paid to the city clerk, your City of Chanute Retailer’s Liquor License is issued. The license issued by the city clerk extends for the period covered by the state license.