Drinking Establishment

A drinking establishment is a business that derives not less than 30% of its gross receipts from the sale of food on the licensed premises, and that is open to the general public, and where alcoholic liquor by the individual drink is sold.

Prior to being licensed by the City of Chanute, you will need to purchase a Kansas Drinking Establishment License from the State of Kansas Department of Revenue, Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC). ABC is located in Topeka and can be reached at (877) 526-7738.

License Issuance
Once you have obtained your Kansas Drinking Establishment License and a fee of $200 has been paid to the city clerk, your City of Chanute Drinking Establishment License is issued. The license issued by the city clerk extends for the period covered by the state license.