- Community Links
- Public Library
- Kid's Online Resources
Kid's Online Resources
Through the Southeast Kansas Library System, the Chanute Public Library is now offering a new electronic resource, Hoopla. Using their Chanute Library card, patrons can access ebooks, audiobooks, movies, TV shows, music, and comic books. Patrons can access Hoopla by downloading the app on their phone or tablet or by using the Hoopla website. Patrons are only allowed to check out five items per month for three weeks. Items are automatically returned at the end of the lending period. The number of items allowed to be checked out is refreshed at the beginning of every month. If you have questions, please contact the library.
To create a Hoopla account:
- Download the app or access the Hoopla website.
- Make an account with Hoopla and enter your email address and personal password.
- When prompted select your library card provider (ex. if you are a Chanute resident with a Chanute card, select Chanute. If you are a Humboldt resident and have a Humboldt card, select Humboldt.)
- Enter your library card number. If you do not know your library card number, contact the library.
- Enter your PIN password. This is the password you use to access the Sek-N-Find catalog. For most patrons, this is your last name, all lowercase. If you cannot remember your password to the Sek-N-Find catalog, contact the library.
- Start using Hoopla!
Hoopla Kids Mode
Hoopla has a little bit of everything for everyone, even kids! Kids Mode is a discovery tool to find family-appropriate content.
To apply Kids Mode:
eBooks & Online Databases
Through a partnership with the Kansas State Library, downloadable eBooks for children and adults are available that you can put on your portable device and enjoy anywhere. Once a book is due, it simply disappears from your device. However, just like a physical book we only have a certain number of most digital copies. If a book is currently checked out, you may place a hold on the item.
You don't need to have a portable e-reader to take advantage of the service. In fact, some portable devices require that you first download a title to a computer then transfer it to the device.
Also available through SEKLS and the Kansas State Library are online databases with resources available for both children and adults. To access these databases, you will need a valid state library card, which is different from your Chanute Public Library card.
To access the Kansas eBooks, you will need:
- A valid state library card. This is different than your Chanute Public Library card, but you will need to come into the building to obtain one.
- Access to the Internet.
- The free software for the device or computer on which you wish to use your EZ Library items.
- A valid email address so you can be notified when your titles are available for download.
For help and to start browsing the selection of titles, go to the Kansas 3M website.